- American Security Products
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sale Price: $953.00
- Unit price
- External Dimensions: 8-3/4" Diameter x 19" Deep
- Internal Dimensions: 8-1/4" Diameter x 5-1/4" Diameter x 9" Deep
- Clear Door Opening: 8-1/4" in Diameter
- Cubic Inch Storage: 175 / 480
- Weight: 66 lbs
- Burglary Rating: C-Rate
- 1 Year Warranty
- Double Compartment with Slotted Inner Door
- Compartments size; Top 5.25"H X 8" Dia. and Lower 9"H X 8" Dia.
- Manipulation resistant, unitized U.L. Group II key changeable lock protected by a revolving carburized hardplate
- Removable dial and drive/drill resistant spindle preventing damage from burglary attack and additional protection from hold-up
- The door is "C" rated, 1-3/4-inch solid steel, and has a 7-1/4-inch clear opening into the body of the safe
- Door is securely locked by three bolts, each requiring over 25,000 pounds to shear
- Each locking bolt has its own hardened steel positive relocking bolt
- Water resistant, high impact molded dust cover with rubber "O"-ring seal does not rattle or slide like most covers when walked or driven on.
Amsec "C" rate CD7 STAR tube floor safes has been the standard for gas stations, fast food, small retail establishments since 1946.
Amsec's CD7 double compartment drop safe is perfect for any small retail business. It's great for burglary protection The top door is Amsec's famous solid steel "C" rated round door. The inside door has a double-custody, two-key lock and a deposit slot going from the top to the lower compartment for both holdup and pilferage protection.
The top compartment is used to house the store's morning opening bank and backup change for the day. As extra money accumulates in the cash register, it can be deposited into the lower compartment of the safe via the slot in the inner door. This lowers the amount of money lost in a holdup and reduces or prevents employee pilferage.
At the close of business when registers are emptied, money is counted out, the opening bank for the next day is placed in the top compartment and the rest is deposited into the bottom. Since only the manager, owner or bookkeeper has the keys to the bottom, the money is protected until it can be taken to the bank.
If properly installed in concrete, Amsec "C" rate floor safes will not be affected by fire. And with the water-resistant dust cover, you get protection from water as well.
While floor safes offer great security being easily hidden and surrounded by concrete, these same features also make them extremely susceptible to moisture problems. Keeping papers and valuables inside zip lock bags and Tupperware help when experiencing a fire or flood, humidity will still seep inside causing mildew and corrosion. We strongly recommend using a Lockdown Silica Gel Can to absorb this moisture and keep your valuables safe. It's a small, rechargeable unit that has a color indicator letting you know it's full and needs to be renewed. You should open your safe (especially after initial installation) frequently to assess moisture and check the silica gel. How often the units need recharging depends on your climate and how often you are in your safe. For any questions regarding humidity and moisture, give us a call at 512-989-3744.